Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can humans contract viruses from rabbits?

I'm considering allowing my 7-year old daughter to have a pet rabbit.



Is there any risk of getting any kind of sickness from a rabbit, either airborne or getting bit [do rabbits bite/attack people?] or some other way?



Can humans contract viruses from rabbits?microsoft



As another answerer said, rabbits generally do not make good pets for young children. Most rabbits do not enjoy being held or cuddled for long periods of time and they do scratch (usually accidentally) and bite, and trust me, both hurt!



To answer your question, the risk of getting any illness from a rabbit is very, very low. In the few cases I've heard of where diseases have gone from rabbit to human, it's usually involved eating the rabbit, not handling in it.



I've been breeding and showing rabbits for almost 8 years now and so I've had constant exposure to rabbits, their bodily fluids, and I've been scratched more times than I can count and bitten a few times, too. So far, nothing's killed me.



Can humans contract viruses from rabbits?norton ghost



There is more of a risk that your daughter will give a rabbit any viruses going than the way around.



Please read the following for more advice
No they cant, but if ur child is one who suffers asthma then any animal with fur isnt good....One word of advice handle the rabbit often to make it tame and dont feed it lettice as they are elergic to it....

No comments:

Post a Comment