Friday, August 20, 2010

Does limewire have viruses?

yes!!!!!



I haven't had a problem with music files yet, but I have when downloading programs. At least 60 % of the time when I download programs my anti-virus catches something and quarantines it.



you must have anti-virus, fire wall, spyware/adware removers %26 pop-up blockers or you will be at risk!



Does limewire have viruses?antivirus software



Um, they say no. But most say yes. I say... yep.



Does limewire have viruses?computer virus



it depends on what u download
I'm pretty sure that it doesn't.



I've had it on my computer for a couple of months now and everythings perfectly fine.



Limewire works great.



=]
no it shouldnt have any viruses but just use the pop up blocker or norton anti-virus
At first no,but after you use about 3gb from downloading stuff then yes.So i'd say after about a month of downloading stuff, stop it.
naah,



ive been using it for 3 years and nothing has happened.
Limewire itself does not contain viruses. It depends how you use it. For instance if you download something from someone you dont trust/know, you are in danger of possible virus. See?
I did a virus scan and I had 1200 worms that all came from files from limewire. But I still like it and use it alot. Just be sure to do regular scans. and have an active virus protection. I don't think I did at the time and thats why I ended up with the worms.
Yes.....You just have have to be careful about what you download and make sure your virus software has the latest virus definitions
I don't think so... but you maybe be vulnerable... get a firewall or Windows Defender... it'll help.
Limewire isn't where the virus lies. You can get viruses off of Limewire from the people you're downloading from. It's just like any other music program where you download from other people for free: take WinMX for example...we used it for years, but my uncle who works with computers, creating sites and such, said you have to be very careful and check ratings, if they're available, on how credible the person has been in the past and the quality of the song you're downloading...if you aren't careful the link to download the song may contain a virus. Basically you just have be careful about what you download and know that you run the risk of getting a virus....the best thing to do is make sure have good virus protection software on your computer and you should be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment